Internship Program - Leading Change Academy
Join the Education Reform Movement
Intern with StudentsFirst and help make America’s school system the best in the world.
StudentsFirst’s Leading Change Academy is an internship program designed to provide top undergraduates, graduate students and recent graduates with the opportunity to gain practical experience in a fast-paced, national education reform organization. The program runs in fall, spring and summer sessions and is based out of StudentsFirst headquarters in Sacramento, CA.
Interns gain valuable work experience and become integral members of StudentsFirst staff teams. They are charged with high-level work that is supplemented with professional development opportunities, including skill- building and policy workshops, participation in key organizational meetings, school site visits and networking opportunities.
Intern projects focus on areas of organizational need and are assigned based on individual interests and skills.
Examples of past work include:
- Organizing local and non-local outreach events and listening tours
- Analyzing and documenting state-level education legislation
- Developing new and innovative strategies to engage StudentsFirst members online
- Completing detailed policy research and collaborating with staff to produce white papers and fact sheets
Program interns and alumni include students from the nation’s most prestigious schools:
- American University
- Brown University
- Dartmouth College
- Duke University
- Georgetown University Law Center
- Harvard University
- Stanford Graduate School of Business
- The Ohio State University
- University of California - Davis
- USC Sol Price School of Public Policy
- Yale University